4260Re: [aprsisce] Radar overlays

  • Mike Miller
    Dec 1, 2010
      On 1 Dec 2010 at 12:49, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:

      > I cannot (and will not, by choice) "take a look" at anything in
      > UI-View. As I stated recently, I do not run any other APRS
      > client on
      > purpose so as to not simply mimic what others have done, but
      > deliver the
      > desired and useful functionality, not just a previously done
      > look-and-feel. If you can describe the function and what you
      > use it for
      > and how you use it, I will listen and attempt to understand.

      Okay, what NWSGet does is download the latest radar image from
      the selected radar site and creates an underlay for the map
      allowing you to zoom and scroll the image along with the map.
      This allows you to see the position of APRS equipped storm
      spotters relative to storm features such as thunderstorm cells.

      I'm sure many spotter groups use more sophisticated weather
      programs. My real use is to allow my APRS display to show me
      when storms move into the area without manually going to the
      NOAA website to check the radar.

      Mike kc9doa
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic