3929Re: D7 & RF only using APRSIS32

  • ae5jo
    Oct 25, 2010
      Not to revive an old thread but trying to figure out if anybody has successfully run with a TM-D700 or TH-D7.

      I have used a tablet PC with both radios using UI-View and would love to switch the mobile and portable units to APRSIS32. I personally tend to connect a seperate GPS receiver to the PC to input the data directly instead of passing it through the Kenwood though I can see where it would be useful to recieve it as well. Any chance support for the older 2 Kenwoods could be added in later versions of the software?

      > On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:
      > > Hopefully that helped.  The biggest question is how you have things
      > > configured and what's talking to what.  That's the part I'm not real
      > > clear on.  Especially as I don't think a D7 can handle a GPS while in
      > > KISS mode nor did I know it could send waypoints out to a connected
      > > GPS.  I suspect you'll need to go with something like this:
      > The Kenwood line, TH-D7, TM-D700, and TM-D710 all accept NMEA strings
      > from a GPS, and ALL send $GPWPT strings to the GPS to put waypoints on
      > screen IF the GPS accepts $GPWPT sentences. The D710 also does a
      > couple more waypoint sentences, including the Kenwood format which the
      > AvMap accepts. When you disable the APRS mode, the waypoints stop
      > being sent to the attached GPS.
      > That would be why the desire to have the D710 able to run in APRS and
      > have APRSISCE/32 parse the packets pushed out the com port.
      > The D7 and D700 didn't send packets out the com port while in APRS mode though.
      > James
      > VE6SRV
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic