3730Re: How do I delete an individual station/object from my map?

  • g4ilo
    Oct 1, 2010
      Harking back to my "Groundhog Day" (Lynn will know what I mean, others may have to search my blog if they are interested) I've been wondering if it would be useful to have some kind of "blacklist" of calls for which messages from, to, gated or digipeated by are simply ignored.

      I understand that the Net14 group issued a threat that anyone gating packets from VHF to their 20m frequency would be blacklisted so presumably the facility exists in other software. If someone is operating in such a way that messages are going round in an endless loop then the ability to drop those messages is probably the only way to deal with them.

      Julian, G4ILO

      --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, Randy Love <rlove31@...> wrote:
      > On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 8:18 AM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:
      > > Unless you're receiving them over RF, just add a -b/callsign-SSID and
      > > you should not receive any packets from APRS-IS originated by the
      > > specified callsign-SSID.  RFID-received packets are not filterable.

      > Yep, understand that, and yes, they are coming in via RF.
      > So, as an extension ( and I know you probably won't like this one,
      > because it adds a degree of uncertainty when someone 'green' is using
      > the programs and having troubles but.. ), is there any consideration
      > of implementing local filtering/exclusions on the RF port in the
      > future?
      > WF5X
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic