2936Re: [aprsisce] Re: Manual position input

    Sep 1, 2010
      How many of you running Windows 7 have gotten the mouse a little bit too
      close to the task bar and had those obnoxious preview windows pop up
      right over top of the piece of your document that you wanted to select?
      And how many of you have clicked on the little tiny X on that preview
      window thinking it would make the preview go away (no, it closes the
      REAL window!).

      Rest assured, Julian. If I ever do hover, it will be a purely
      configurable option that I expect 80% of the people will turn off after
      actually using the client in their area for more than a few days. The
      last thing I need is more little windows fading in and out when I just
      shove the mouse out of the way of my editor and have it land on top of
      my APRSIS32 window.

      g4ilo wrote:
      > Personally I find hover like all the the other gimmicks that fall into the category of the computer trying to second guess what I want to do. At least half the time I find it irritating because it isn't. For example there's a website that expands images whenever you hover over a thumbnail. Half the time the expanded image of the thumbnail you passed over obscures what you actually wanted to click on.
      > I prefer programs (and websites) to do nothing until I specifically request it, by clicking on something.
      > Julian, G4ILO
      > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, Randy Love <rlove31@...> wrote:
      >> On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...>wrote:
      >>> Oh, and just because I say No once, doesn't mean it won't appear
      >>> sometime down the time-line.
      >> Lynn,
      >> How about hover capabilities but only below zoom level x, for the PC version
      >> at least.
      >> I know, it doesn't solve the touchscreen device problem, but certainly makes
      >> it a usable options where it would make most sense to be able to use it. :)
      >> Randy
      >> WF5X
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic