2935Re: Manual position input

  • g4ilo
    Sep 1, 2010
      Personally I find hover like all the the other gimmicks that fall into the category of the computer trying to second guess what I want to do. At least half the time I find it irritating because it isn't. For example there's a website that expands images whenever you hover over a thumbnail. Half the time the expanded image of the thumbnail you passed over obscures what you actually wanted to click on.

      I prefer programs (and websites) to do nothing until I specifically request it, by clicking on something.

      Julian, G4ILO

      --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, Randy Love <rlove31@...> wrote:

      > On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...>wrote:
      >

      > > Oh, and just because I say No once, doesn't mean it won't appear
      > > sometime down the time-line.

      > Lynn,
      >
      > How about hover capabilities but only below zoom level x, for the PC version
      > at least.
      > I know, it doesn't solve the touchscreen device problem, but certainly makes
      > it a usable options where it would make most sense to be able to use it. :)
      >
      > Randy
      > WF5X

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic