2756Re: [aprsisce] Re: Feature request

    Aug 25 3:15 AM
      Would this be messages only directly addressed to the current
      callsign-ssid (the ones that would be ack'd by the program), all
      messages to the base callsign (My Messages), all messages to the message
      groups (internal and user-configured), or all messages received and
      displayed (Eavesdrop)? If the file still exists when a new message is
      received, should it be overwritten with the latest or appended to?

      This, along with many of the other requests, will be very do-able with a
      simplistic APRS packet parser connected to the soon-to-be-provided local
      APRS-IS pass-through feed. That is actually my planned implementation
      rather than having "this packet" and "that packet" switching going on in
      the client.

      The pass-through will support multiple simultaneous incoming connections
      on a single port. Initially, everything that comes in will go out.
      Eventually, I plan to support APRS-IS authentication to accept incoming
      packets for forwarding to the APRS-IS network. I also plan filter
      support (or some subset thereof) that will allow local programs like the
      one above to do filters like b/KJ4ERJ-12 and/or t/m.

      Please consider security in your external app as well. Remember, every
      APRS message is sent in-the-clear, so some sort of rotating, single-use,
      password scheme would probably be required. Unless you want random
      people controlling your power bill by cranking the thermostat to extremes.