267Re: [aprsisce] Re: KISS TNC for APRS

    Jan 26, 2010
      m6xsd wrote:
      > Yep, point taken on 'Lost Fix' but I still think being able to select
      > pre-programmed static points when 'en-route' would be good, I can
      > think of quite a few situations where I would like to 'annouce'(for
      > want of a better word) that I'm not exactly where my GPS thinks I am
      > (or was).

      See Bob's APRS 1.1 extension called "Destination Waypoints" described at:

      http://wa8lmf.net/bruninga/APRS-docs/MOBILE.TXT

      This is part of the APRS 1.1 Spec Addendum you can see at:

      http://wa8lmf.net/bruninga/aprs/aprs11.html

      I'm considering supporting the ability to beacon a "destination
      waypoint" as well as interpret them and draw the lines that are
      described. I don't know how many other APRS clients do this, but it's
      part of the published spec, so I might as well support it! Who knows, I
      might even make it part of the Poll's () "slow beacon" mode!

      Oh, and another preview of things to come is that I'm designing a
      "coordinate picker" dialog that will embed the OpenStreetMap with pan
      and zoom to allow you to home in on and set a coordinate. It'll still
      support a variety of manually-entered coordinates, but you'll be able to
      see where you entered or enter what you see. - Thoughts?

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ
    • Show all 34 messages in this topic