26426Re: [aprsisce] Understanding PreFetch of maps

    Sep 4, 2014
      On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 10:09 AM, Kevin Reeve kevin.reeve@...
      [aprsisce] <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > So the area I need to prefetch is ~200 miles top to bottom. What I am
      > curious about is when doing the prefetch does it fetch what is in my circle
      > on my screen?

      No, APRSISCE/32 fetches all of the map tiles necessary to draw the map
      seen on the whole display, not just what is inside the range circle.
      It also fetches 4 zoom layers higher than what you are looking at, in
      order to get the higher zoom levels. If you want even higher detail,
      you'll need to zoom in and wander around the area again.

      A small area like you describe (if it's also 200 miles wide) would
      take about 2 or 3 minutes to fetch.

      > Any tips on prefetching maps appreciated.

      Look at the area you are interested in, wait for the tiles to fetch,
      zoom in, scroll back and forth across the area of interest, waiting
      for the tiles to download as you go. Rinse and repeat until you have
      all tiles to the desired zoom level.

    • Show all 32 messages in this topic