26201Re: [aprsisce] "Range"

    Aug 6, 2014
      From http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:automatic-filters (emphasis added)

      MultiTrack windows automatically add a Buddy (b/call) for the Track(station). If you check "Range" on that station's popup menu in the MultiTrack window, the buddy will change to a Friend (f/call/dist) filter using the configured Range. Due to APRS-IS server filter limits, only a limited number of MultiTrack windows can be Range tracked at any point in time.

      On 8/6/2014 7:29 PM, Bob Harris knineudx@... [aprsisce] wrote:
      I have tried (without success) to find the answer on the wiki so please indulge me. If one clicks on a station call sign, a menu box opens. The third item is "Range." What does it do (besides put the word "Ranging" at the bottom of the screen)?

      Bob Harris (K9UDX)
      Longmeadow Bradford Torrey CD (2001-2014)
      Silvercreek Gossip Girl
      Bath, NH

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic