26201Re: [aprsisce] "Range"

    Aug 6, 2014
      From http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:automatic-filters (emphasis added)

      MultiTrack windows automatically add a Buddy (b/call) for the Track(station). If you check "Range" on that station's popup menu in the MultiTrack window, the buddy will change to a Friend (f/call/dist) filter using the configured Range. Due to APRS-IS server filter limits, only a limited number of MultiTrack windows can be Range tracked at any point in time.

      On 8/6/2014 7:29 PM, Bob Harris knineudx@... [aprsisce] wrote:
      I have tried (without success) to find the answer on the wiki so please indulge me. If one clicks on a station call sign, a menu box opens. The third item is "Range." What does it do (besides put the word "Ranging" at the bottom of the screen)?
      --

      Bob Harris (K9UDX)
      Longmeadow Bradford Torrey CD (2001-2014)

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic