25788Re: [aprsisce] Re: IS to RF Objects

    Jun 10, 2014
      That's true, but there is no provision in any version at this time for the filtered APRS-IS->RF gate function to reactivate after restart.  This will be coming once I develop a throttling method so that you can have protection against inadvertent flooding of the local RF channel if the APRS-IS source goes nuts.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaky_bucket describes what I have in mind that provides for both burstiness and bandwidth limits.  It can allow bursts, but protect against sustained excessive utilization.

      On 6/9/2014 8:02 PM, Ken kb6kb@... [aprsisce] wrote:
      Once you know that the filter works as you want it to you can go to menu item Configure/General and enter/add to your current Add Filter line. Writes it to the XML file at exit of the program for you and will be available at the next restart.

      Ken - KB6KB

      On 6/9/2014 4:44 PM, kk4lqx@... [aprsisce] wrote:

      Is there a way to edit the XML (or some other method) so that you don't have to do the CTRL+G, CTRL+I at start up? I ask mainly thinking of if the computer were to restart or shutdown for any given reason.

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic