25720Re: [aprsisce] iphone

    Jun 3, 2014
      You can skip the weight and bulkiness if you pick up a used WinMo phone and run it without a SIMM card, but with a Bluetooth link to your TNC.  The screen is small, but the RF tracking function works nicely.  And when you're in WiFi range, you can preload maps and then disable Internet access which automatically disables tile purging too.

      On 6/3/2014 12:37 PM, ptc2y ptc2y@... [aprsisce] wrote:
      If you want a TNC app (hook radio to iPhone), there is Pocket Packet.  It will also do APRS-IS like the apps mentioned below.  But your radio must be vox capable.  Also, it heats up your phone pretty good, and in my experience, it does not recover well (ie must reboot a bit).  The new version supports offline maps.  That being said, it is NO WHERE near as capable as APRSIS32, and I only use it when I am in a pinch where I only have my HT with me and someone is expecting to track me.  A dedicated TNC with APRSIS32 is the most reliable way to go, IMHO, if weight and bulkiness from a PC or laptop is not a concern.

      Sent from mobile device.

      On Jun 3, 2014, at 9:18, "Don Poaps va7dgp@... [aprsisce]" <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Openaprs and IAPRS works with Iphone..

      Don va7dgp

      On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 8:56 AM, Burt Sammis kango03@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Is there an application for APRSIS for an iphone 5?
      I have looked at APRSISCE and it looks like it will not work on an iphone 5.

      Burt
      AF5AA

      --
      Don Poaps