25719Re: [aprsisce] iphone

  • ptc2y
    Jun 3, 2014
      If you want a TNC app (hook radio to iPhone), there is Pocket Packet.  It will also do APRS-IS like the apps mentioned below.  But your radio must be vox capable.  Also, it heats up your phone pretty good, and in my experience, it does not recover well (ie must reboot a bit).  The new version supports offline maps.  That being said, it is NO WHERE near as capable as APRSIS32, and I only use it when I am in a pinch where I only have my HT with me and someone is expecting to track me.  A dedicated TNC with APRSIS32 is the most reliable way to go, IMHO, if weight and bulkiness from a PC or laptop is not a concern.

      Sent from mobile device.

      On Jun 3, 2014, at 9:18, "Don Poaps va7dgp@... [aprsisce]" <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Openaprs and IAPRS works with Iphone..

      Don va7dgp

      On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 8:56 AM, Burt Sammis kango03@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Is there an application for APRSIS for an iphone 5?
      I have looked at APRSISCE and it looks like it will not work on an iphone 5.

      Burt
      AF5AA

      --
      Don Poaps