25646Re: [aprsisce] Dell computer issue

  • K7iou1
    May 24 11:41 AM
      Hi Lynn, I do the manual transmit to test for freeze up hang etc. yes I saved it.
      73 David k7iou

      On May 24, 2014, at 9:16 AM, "'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce]" <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Can you describe why you are manually transmitting so often that the question becomes bothersome?  If you have a GPS enabled or ME is centered, it does not ask.  Otherwise, that is the programmed mechanism for manually moving your location, drag until your new location is centered and push Transmit.

      In all expected normal operation, manual transmissions should be so rarely necessary that this has not been an issue for most users.  When testing new radio interfaces or such, simply center on ME and Transmit to your heart's content without being bothered by the question.  Once done testing, restore your Preferred View (you did Save one, right?) and quit the manual transmissions.

      On 5/24/2014 9:03 AM, K7iou1 k7iou1@... [aprsisce] wrote:
      Yes 64 bit. I woke up this morn and checked aprsis32 and map was empty except for ME. Was not responding.
      So I installed the Sabrent SBT-FTDI USB to serial converter, changed com port and it's working again. Time will tell.
      Is there a setting with aprsis32 to flush the memory automatically?
      Also I have ME off center due to my location so I am positioned NE on the map. Is there a way to get rid of the annoying "move ME to center?" When I manually transmit?
      Thanks
      73 de k7iou

      On May 23, 2014, at 10:32 PM, "'Larry Simon' kc7qjo@... [aprsisce]" <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I would have to say it is an issue with the PCI serial card and Win 7, Especially if it is 64-bit. I have found several issues with those cards at work on Win7 when they worked fine in the same PC with XP on it.

      Larry

      KC7QJO