25645Re: [aprsisce] Dell computer issue

  • K7iou1
    May 24, 2014
      Lynn, it's not RF but a PK-232 Htx-101
      Hung up, I go to close it and says not responding but may eventually close.
      73
      David k7iou

      On May 24, 2014, at 9:04 AM, "'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce]" <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      What port type, TNC, and radio are you using? Is it possible that RF is
      coming in and messing things up?

      If you're using an EJ-41U inside an Alinco DR-135 in KISS mode, they're
      known to just to incommunicado after a period of time.

      When you say "stops responding", I assume that's just that there's no
      stations visible but the program is still responding to mouse clicks and
      menu options? Or has APRSISCE/32 actually hung and windows is telling
      you that the "program is not responding" and you have to kill it?

      On 5/24/2014 1:06 AM, K7iou1 k7iou1@... [aprsisce] wrote:
      > I am using a Dell desktop with a express PCI serial data card Win7 & and pk-232. Works well for 1/2 day and program stops responding. I sometime find a blank screen with only ME on the map. Other time all stations appear to be ok but program will not transmit location via pk-232.
      > I went thru all the power settings & changed the always on, don't sleep etc.
      > Anyone else have this issue? I am sure it's a Dell issue as I have Echolink on the same model computer & have an issue where it stops responding. I have it restart every 24 hr and then it works fine.
      > I have a USB to serial converter I may try to determine if it's the PCI card or Dell design issue.
      > 73
      > De k7iou

      > Posted by: K7iou1 <k7iou1@...>
      >
      > Yahoo Groups Links