25236MobiLink (was: alternate map sources)

    Mar 8 6:25 AM
      (Fixed the subject, sorry 'bout that!)

      I have a MobiLink sitting here on my desk, I just need to power it up and connect it to a radio to ensure that it works as desired.  It should "just work" with a Simply(KISS) port type.

      However, you don't want to use it as an IGate or Digi (from APRSISCE/32) unless you implement his hardware patch to disable the long-term packet buffering that it does when the BT link is down.  It can cause delayed packets to be introduced to the APRS-IS in this default mode.

      Anyone out there using one with APRSISCE/32?

      PS.  The MobiLink designer has some out-of-band information between the KISS packets that I'd like to access, so eventually there may be a custom MobiLink port type.

      On 3/8/2014 7:32 AM, ve7mdt@... wrote:
      Ironically now I am well prepared to buy the mobilink and thus revisiting this Group to see if it's compatible with APRSISCE (and/or APRSIS32), although I can also use Android.

    • Show all 36 messages in this topic