23523Re: [aprsisce] Warning: APRS-IS Server Rejected Password (unverified)

    Jul 30, 2013
      Please send both of them to KJ4ERJ@... and I'll see what I can see.  Please zip up and include all of your APRSIS32*.LOG files as well.

      On 7/30/2013 12:36 PM, Steve wrote:
      After my initial comments about the verification message, everything ran as normal.

      Just for grins, I have changed from the default rotate aprs to the one you suggested  (raqi.aprs2.net)
      I( sent a message to another aprs station who is also on the internet and my message failed to ack,
      SO I SWITCHED BACK AND ANOTHER MESSAGE SENT VIA ROTATE ALSO FAILED.
      I then changed server to first.aprs.net and tried another message and this went straight through on first try!

      Not wanting to complicate things, I have a second instance of APRS-IS 32 on my laptop, it uses rotate and messages get straight out on it, this uses KF6WAX-4
      The instance that fails on rotate is KF6WAX-5

      Anyone who wants to examine my xml file, I am more than happy to send it!

      73
      Steve,  kf6wax

      On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 3:19 AM, Heikki Hannikainen <hessu@...> wrote:

      On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Steve <kf6wax@...> wrote:
      I have the correct passcode, the same one I have been using since about 1999 or so.
      On a restart APRSIS is behaving normally!

      Just to narrow this down a bit (I'm interested in making sure the servers are doing what they're supposed to):

      Could you try if the problem re-appears, if you temporarily switch to the T2QUEBEC server by using the server address raqi.aprs2.net instead of the usual rotate address?

      I checked your raw packets at http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=KF6WAX-5 and see that you have delivered packets via T2DENMARK and T2USANW.  I suspect that those two servers are improperly configured and are not requiring authentication as APRS-IS servers are now supposed to do.

      I briefly tested them, and they currently seem to be requiring authentication like they should.

      - Hessu, OH7LZB

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic