23520Re: [aprsisce] Warning: APRS-IS Server Rejected Password (unverified)

  • Heikki Hannikainen
    Jul 30, 2013
      On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Steve <kf6wax@...> wrote:
      I have the correct passcode, the same one I have been using since about 1999 or so.
      On a restart APRSIS is behaving normally!

      Just to narrow this down a bit (I'm interested in making sure the servers are doing what they're supposed to):

      Could you try if the problem re-appears, if you temporarily switch to the T2QUEBEC server by using the server address raqi.aprs2.net instead of the usual rotate address?

      I checked your raw packets at http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=KF6WAX-5 and see that you have delivered packets via T2DENMARK and T2USANW.  I suspect that those two servers are improperly configured and are not requiring authentication as APRS-IS servers are now supposed to do.

      I briefly tested them, and they currently seem to be requiring authentication like they should.

      - Hessu, OH7LZB
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic