23508Re: [aprsisce] Warning: APRS-IS Server Rejected Password (unverified)

  • Steve
    Jul 28, 2013
      I have the correct passcode, the same one I have been using since about 1999 or so.
      On a restart APRSIS is behaving normally!
      Wierd
      73
      Steve, kf6wax   and have a great vacation Lynn!

      On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 7:51 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

      I'm on vacation with just a lowly NetBook so I can't open a .DOCX file, but according to some other logs, the message means just what it says.

      2013G27O.LOG:Data: 2013-07-27T18:32:50 KF6WAX-5 (APRSIS32 2013/07/19 06:26) # logresp KF6WAX-5 unver
      ified, server T2QUEBEC
      2013G27O.LOG:2013-07-27 14:33:04 KF6WAX-5 Running Version APRSIS32 2013/07/19 06:26

      T2QUEBEC said that you are unverified because you probably don't have KF6WAX's APRS-IS passcode configured in Configure / General.  APRSISCE/32 doesn't alert you about this all the time because some people purposely run without a proper passcode, in a receive-only mode.  However, on each version update, APRSISCE/32 will warn you about this once via an internally generated message just as you saw.

      Running unverified means that none of your packets will be propragated through the APRS-IS network.  This means that your station will not show up at aprs.fi (or any of the other APRS-IS viewing sites) and messaging won't work.

      I checked your raw packets at http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=KF6WAX-5 and see that you have delivered packets via T2DENMARK and T2USANW.  I suspect that those two servers are improperly configured and are not requiring authentication as APRS-IS servers are now supposed to do.

      On 7/27/2013 2:52 PM, Steve wrote:
      I just started up APRS32  Green message box APRSIS-32 in top right corner
      and got a dialogue box as follows,

      07-27 11:32:50 Warning: APRS-IS Server Rejected Password  (unverified)

      The program stopped for about 1 minute then went as normal after that.   Without me closing the dialogue box

      I am running the latest Dev version

      I have not seen this message before!

      73
      Steve,  kf6wax