      Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 7:58 PM
      Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Two port question

      Are you on RF or -IS only?

      If RF, what is your radio, TNC, and port type in APRSIS32?

      If on -IS, what is your actual station ID so that I can do some remote APRS queries?

      What does the APRS-IS OK pane say?  Are all the ports OK or is something different?

      Does "show up" mean on the packet scroller or on the map?

      If you focus the window and hit Control-C, APRSIS32 will place a copy of the screen into your clipboard so you can paste two samples to show us what you're seeing.

      Question....One time I start up APRSIS32 and in about 20 minutes I get 5 or 6 stations show up ...Then later I start up APRSIS32 again and I get 100,s of stations show up whitin the same circle of coverage...then when I start it up again it goes back to just 5 or 6 stations...HELP..Confused...Thanks,N5AZQ...

      Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 4:56 PM

      A single instance of APRSISCE/32 is a single station and has a single callsign-SSID.  The "Inherit" stuff is really obsolete and I need to get it removed.

      While it is possible to run multiple ports on a single instance, there's really good reasons for running a single port per instance and running two instances.  These include:

      a) You get distinct callsign-SSID per instance and therefore per port

      b) APRSISCE/32 doesn't keep track of WHICH port heard a station on RF, so messages are gated from -IS to ALL RF ports.

      c) There is no cross-port capability in APRSISCE/32, so there's no real benefit to putting both ports in a single instance.

      d) If an instance fails, at least the other instance is still running and providing IGate services.

      e) There's probably more, but they're buried in the archives of this Yahoo group from the last time this was brought up.

      On 7/18/2013 5:40 PM, Jerry Wyatt, n7qvu wrote:
      I decided to try and add a UHF port to N7QVU-11 VHF iGate.

      I have the port added KPC3-U/com6 & KPC3-V/com3 both running KISS.

      My question is:
      I was hoping to have UHF on N7QVU-12, but the 'inherit' callsign is on, and don't see how to turn it off to add a different callsign to UHF.

      Thanks for your repies ... unless you say I cannot do this. Hi Hi
      Jerry - N7QVU

  • Show all 10 messages in this topic