23416Re: [aprsisce] Station won't transmit

  • kb8uih
    Jul 15, 2013
      Hi,

      I do have stations on the map so I am RXing station info. I do not have
      the ethernet cable connected to the NIC.

      I will check your suggesttions soon.

      Thank you,

      Chris

      "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

      On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:

      > BTW, my gut tells me that the issue isn't actually not transmitting.
      > I'm more suspecting that your entire RF port isn't working.
      >
      > While you're in the shack, watch the scrolling packet log. If you
      > don't see any stations in there with an asterisk (*) on them, then
      > you're not getting anything via RF to start with. The debug procedure
      > below will still be helpful, especially the contents of the
      > Port(<YourPortName>) when you disable and re-enable the configured
      > port.

      > On 7/15/2013 8:55 AM, kb8uih@... wrote:
      >> Good Morning,
      >>
      >> Thank you for the help so far. I will take this info to the shack
      >> and
      >> run through these steps as soon as I can.
      >>
      >> 73,
      >>
      >> Chris
      >>
      >> "I reject your reality and substitute my own."
      >>

      >> On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 8:40 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
      >>
      >>> I do not see any evidence that KB8UIH-1 has received anything via RF
      >>> and it has only been active for about an hour this morning, so I
      >>> cannot do any remote diagnosis. You did have (apparently) an RF
      >>> station under KB8UIH back in May of 2012, though.
      >>>
      >>> Please do the following to see if I can help out:
      >>>
      >>> 1) Enables / View Logs / Port(<YourPortName>)
      >>> 2) Check Enable on that window's menu bar - this will enable more
      >>> detailed logging for that port
      >>> 3) Enables / View Logs / Transmit
      >>> 4) Check Enable on that window's menu bar - this will provide
      >>> visibility into transmitted packets
      >>> 5) Ensure that Enables / Logging / File Enabled is enabled - this
      >>> directs all trace log diagnostics into APRSIS32.LOG
      >>> 6) Uncheck and re-check Enables / Ports / <YourPortName> - this will
      >>> fire the <Close/OpenCmd>s and should show messages in the
      >>> Port(<YourPortName>) trace log
      >>> 7) Click the Transmit menu option - This should initiate an
      >>> immediate
      >>> transmit
      >>> 8) Check the Transmit trace log and see what it says. If RF isn't