      From: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com [mailto:aprsisce@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Brian
      Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2013 13:11
      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [aprsisce] Re: Deleting a Map Tile Set

      To Fred and all the others,

      Well, I have an event this weekend that I'm....Just kidding guys.

      I really appreciate all the comments and feedback that's been posted on my issue. Thank you for taking the time to do so. I'm an ex UI-View user and was hesitant to make the switch. I'm now glad I did as I'm learning to really appreciate APRSIS.

      I'll will give the suggestions a try tonight and will post back if I have any troubles. Hopefully I can pay it forward in the near future.

      Brian
      KF5JYR

      > Hi Brian,
      >

      > By the way, I do this basic directory structure (notice the line below
      > starting with <Path> in the data block):
      >
      > APRSIS32
      > --OSMTiles
      > ----Original
      > ----CalTopo-Visitor
      > ----ArcGIS-US_Topo_Maps
      >
      > Note, the long names helps me remember better. There is a maximum number of
      > characters allowed for the TileServer Name so I make up for this in the
      > directory name.
      >
      > This it the name of the tile set:
      > <TileServer Name="AG-USTopo">
      >
      > This is where they are stored and the directory name is much longer to
      > provide more data.
      > <Path>C:/Personal/APRSIS32-2/OSMTiles/ArcGIS-US_Topo_Maps/</Path>
      >
      > I moved the original tiles to a directory called "Original". The file
      > APRSIS32.osm needs to be located there or APRSIS32 will ask where to place
      > it.
      >
      > Of course, I have more than 3 tile sets. Many are not useful for APRS or
      > even general map stuff, like an 1812 map of the US. They are just cool!
      > Sadly, some have gone away but I still have the data and tiles.
      >
      > You can actually copy the following data blocks into your XML and it would
      > start getting you a topographic tile set (like the 7.5" tops) and add
      > visitor maps of some of the US National parks.. Just paste it in line with
      > you other tile sets in the XML. The application will not find any tiles and
      > ask where to put them. Browse and make a directory so APRSIS32.osm can be
      > saved. This location is where you will find the zoom levels for the new
      > tiles.
      >
      > Figuring it out took some time. I played around a lot until I came up with a
      > plan that I could use on all my machines. Play with it.
      >

      > Best regards,
      > Fred N7FMH
      >

      > <!--TileServer[29]-->
      > <TileServer Name="AG-USTopo">
      > <Server>services.arcgisonline.com</Server>
      > <Port>80</Port>
      > <URLPrefix>/ArcGIS/rest/services/USA_Topo_Maps/MapServer/tile/%z/%y/%x.jpg</
      > URLPrefix>
      > <SupportsStatus>0</SupportsStatus>
      > <Path>C:/Personal/APRSIS32-2/OSMTiles/ArcGIS-US_Topo_Maps/</Path>
      > <PurgeEnabled>0</PurgeEnabled>
      > <RetainDays>0</RetainDays>
      > <RetainZoom>0</RetainZoom>
      > <MinServerZoom>0</MinServerZoom>