      From: Jim, N4SAR <n4sar@...>
      To: <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Friday, June 14, 2013 10:40:32 AM GMT-0500
      Subject: [aprsisce] Re: Hints for using a TM-D700?

      I use APRSIS32 with the D700 in my mobile and our EOC with no problems. Like everyone says:
      -Packet mode, not APRS on the D700
      -Static location or GPS to the pc (bluetooth is best)
      -Kiss mode connection and watch the startup sequence: You should see "STA Connect" appear briefly on the D700 display when you have a good connection I keep a small text file of the startup sequence on the pc's desktop.

      73,
      Jim - N4SAR
      AEC Escambia County, Fl ARES