23252Re: Hints for using a TM-D700?

  • kb8uih
    Jun 13, 2013
      In my case I couldn't get the computer to see the gps data from my Kenwood 700 for movement of my mobile. I have a Garmin puck antenna on the dash connected to my radio. The problem was solved by adding separate puck on the dash that I didn't want to use but had to and telling APRSISCE that another port for NMEA was hooked up. If anyone can help us with the D700 I would appreciate it.
      Thanks,
      Chris

      --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Howard" <hdrw_yh@...> wrote:

      > I am going to be using a TM-D700 and APRSIS32 at an event at the end of the month, for tracking elements on a charity walk. Someone else said they'd tried this combination and "it didn't work", but with no further detail.
      >
      > I don't have a '700, but tonight I get one chance to play with one briefly.
      >
      > Searched pages on the web seem to say to set the port as KISS, but I think there are now more relevant types: TMD700(KISS) and TMD700(RO+G - the rest of this one doesn't fit in the box!
      >
      > I am going to start with TMD700 (KISS) and hope that is the right one, with the radio set to Packet, rather than APRS mode. There is no requirement to transmit (or digipeat), it's all about showing stations heard on the map.
      >
      > Any hints on setting this up?
      >
      > 73,
      >
      > Howard G1BYY

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic