      From: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com [mailto:aprsisce@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Fred Hillhouse
      Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 14:52
      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [aprsisce] Feature Request - Weather Radar Overlay

      Sorry, I lied. Iowa is still up!

      Check out these setting for APRSIS32:
      Server: mesonet.agron.iastate.edu
      Port: 80
      URLPrefix: /cache/tile.py/1.0.0/nexrad-n0r-900913/
      PurgeEnabled>1</PurgeEnabled>
      MinServerZoom>6
      MaxServerZoom>10

      Every time you decide to look at the WX radar, You will need to flush the tiles. Ideally, they wouldn't be cached except for the time until a new set is fetched.

      The tiles are transparent. Which means another tile can be used as a base layer and be seen under it. JPGs are never transparent. PNGs can be. To use this, there could be a transparency setting added. A transparency setting is useful for the NWS set as well. By the way, the picture below from NWS was Satellite with Radar Precip checked. There are other options but this is the one I look at usually when I open that webpage.

      In a way, these WX radar overlays are not really necessary. If you can download them, you have internet, which means it might be more prudent to actually have the NWS page running as well as APRSIS32. Both options are my favorite! :)

      In the center of this mess is an ANT!