22884Re: [aprsisce] Object Paths

    May 12, 2013

      Per http://www.aprs-is.net/Connecting.aspx

      > Packets originating from the client should only have TCPIP* in the
      > path, nothing more or less (AE5PL-TS>APRS,TCPIP*:my packet).

      Nothing in there about "unless you're also transmitting on RF". So
      client-generated packets directly injected to the APRS-IS will only
      contain a path of TCPIP*. The same packet transmitted on RF will
      contain the configured RF path. Eventually, each RF port will have the
      ability to specify its own path for transmitted packets and the Chat
      interface will also allow a local override of the default RF path.

      PS. And that's yet another reason to run single-RF-port instances. If
      you override the path in the Chat, which port did you intend it to use
      that path on? Or just how complicated are we going to make this?
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic