      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      From: kj4erj@...
      Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 18:59:57 -0400
      Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Dual iGate: Terrestrial and ISS

      Just be aware that the current APRSISCE/32 doesn't keep track of WHICH port a station was "recently heard local" for gating messages from -IS to RF, just the fact that it WAS recently heard local.  So, if a message comes across the APRS-IS for a station that's on UHF, it will be transmitted on both UHF and VHF ports.

      And there is also no cross-port gating supported in the current incarnation, so messages won't cross between the UHF and VHF ports.

      Now, if you ran separate instances with an APRS-IS server between them, messages will only go out on the instance/port that heard the station recently local and UHF/VHF cross messages will gate to/from the APRS-IS and manage the cross-band activity properly there as well.

      So, what is it you're gaining by using a single dual-ported instance?

      On 5/7/2013 4:55 PM, Adam Mahnke wrote:
      So, in follow up to this.

      We are experimenting with APRS96 on UHF in the Ithaca area.

      I ran two separate instances of APRSIS32 for this to start with, but now I have a single instance running two radio ports.

      You may also notice
      as a stand alone UHF APRS96 Digi in the Ithaca area (same site as W2CXM-1) on a D700 with no APRSIS32 connection

      So far APRSIS32 seems to be behaving normally running both ports rather happily. It is a WIDE1-1 Digi, and a bidirectional IGate for both (not gating packets to RF, just messages) and we have N2PYI-4 gating IS traffic from our little 3 county area to RF on the UHF channel. It's an interesting experiment.

      I'm wondering if that is something similar to what Reed is attempting to do, a single instance and SSID running two different frequencies?

      Adam
      KC2ANT

      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      From: steve@...