      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      From: steve@...
      Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 16:18:13 +0100
      Subject: RE: [aprsisce] Dual iGate: Terrestrial and ISS

      A good start is here http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:satelliteops I wrote most of that after using the ISS for awhile

      Steve Daniels

      Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

      Torbay Freecycle  Owner

      From: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com [mailto:aprsisce@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of reed2web
      Sent: 29 April 2013 15:48
      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [aprsisce] Dual iGate: Terrestrial and ISS

      I would appreciate hints on the best way to setup APRSISCE to receive APRS from the ISS 145.825) and receive/send from land (144.39) using one computer. I would like to do this on a single Windows XP laptop. I will add an external ham sound "card," using the internal sound card for 144.39 and external for 145.825 (without hardware TNCs). At least, that's the initial plan.

      For example, should I run two instances of APRSISCE in two separate directory structures, or can one instance handle both situations? I expect I will need to run two instances of the TNC software.

      Your thoughts appreciated, *especially* if you have setup a dual-port station like this. I am inexperienced with APRSISCE, so please don't assume I already know all the details. Being an old geek, I do have a lengthy computer background, although most of it is with Unix/Linux and Mac.

      Thanks ... Reed K7FLY

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic