22823Re: [aprsisce] KWD710(APRS) mode

    May 6, 2013
      On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 9:33 AM, <kc2ant@...> wrote:

      > I know that my D710 appears to work in native APRS mode as long as
      > aprsis32 is only transmitting messages, not beacons.

      That would be interesting to see, I've been trying to figure out that
      magic incantation for a long time.

      I had to fight again while chasing a balloon. My port stopped relaying
      GPS data, and I ended up making a NMEA port, but both the D710 and
      NMEA port were pointed at COM4, which shouldn't work, but I got packet
      data, and GPS data at the same time...

      > I can send my D710 port info from my xml file with what i'm running if you
      > like. I don't recall editing it.
      >
      > I did attempt to run the D710 in aprs mode, but receive only with aprsis32
      > controlling beacons, but the TNC seems unhappy with that so I have stopped
      > using it that way.
      >
      > I know that my aprsis32 takes a long time to start pulling GPS data
      > through the port, but I've never had the radio need to be cycled.

      I just can't figure out what the program is doing in the background...
      there's stuff happening that screws things up, but I don't know what
      is going on. It's probably because I don't speak Floridian dialect...