22815Re: TINY 2 Setup

  • kb8emd
    May 5, 2013
      I know I get confused easy my TNC has a male db9 rs232 as does the new RS232 to USB cable I installed a gender changer (female)on the cable's male pins and plugged the other side of the (female) gender changer into the male pins of the TNC I am able to now set the TNC using the CMD prompt but I want to be able to drive down the road watching Aprsis32 maps on my laptop with the GPS and radio hooked to the TNC like I did 15 years ago any help would be appreciated.
      Larry KB8EMD

      > On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Rob Giuliano <kb8rco@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Male Pins are for the MASTER port:
      > > 2 - RxD
      > > 3 - TxD
      > > 5-Gnd
      > >
      > > Female Pins are for the slave port (2 & 3 swapped):
      > > 2 - TxD
      > > 3 - RxD
      > > 5-Gnd
      >
      > Actually the terms are DTE and DCE, Data Terminal Equipment (The
      > computer) and Data Communication Equipment (TNC).
      >
      > And just to make it nice and easy...
      >
      > 25 pin DTE devices transmit on pin 2 and receive on pin 3.
      > 25 pin DCE devices transmit on pin 3 and receive on pin 2.
      > 9 pin DTE devices transmit on pin 3 and receive on pin 2.
      > 9 pin DCE devices transmit on pin 2 and receive on pin 3.
      >
      > Then throw in to the pot, are you talking about the gender of the port
      > on the device or the cable end?
      >
      > On a computer with a DE-9 serial port, you will find the port itself
      > has male pins, and is wired as DTE.
      >
      > --
      > James
      > VE6SRV