22814Re: TINY 2 Setup

  • kb8emd
    May 5 12:53 PM
      I received a new correct chip and I can use the CMD command to change mycall what I am thinking if I hook my laptop to the TNC just using a gender changer and I want to watch maps on my laptop while mobile running say aprsis32 that the radio may try to transmit into my laptop on the wrong pin and mess something up I would like any info about that in the mean time I will keep digging
      Larry KB8EMD
      --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, Rob Giuliano <kb8rco@...> wrote:

      > Larry,
      >   Typically if a gender changer is required, it is because connection type (pins assigned to TxD and RxD).
      >
      > Male Pins are for the MASTER port:
      >    2 - RxD
      >    3 - TxD
      >    5-Gnd
      >
      > Female Pins are for the slave port (2 & 3 swapped):   2 - TxD   3 - RxD
      >    5-Gnd
      >
      > A gender changer will not swap 2 & 3, so you may need a null modem (crossover) cable to communicate with the Tny-2.
      >
      > Check the documentation and compare pin assignments.
      >
      > Robert Giuliano
      > KB8RCO

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic