22776RE: [aprsisce] Re: some observations and a slew of questions and a request

  • kc8sfq
    Apr 29 9:35 AM
      Hi Fred
      You wrote:

      > If you are prefetching onto a thumb drive

      I was, but just enough to load a hand full of tiles. I wanted to take minimum time loading data to the tablet. I needed just enough to satisfy my self that I hadn't hosed something up AGAIN. It looks as if I'm up and running with the tablet, at least to the level I was before the Topo problem. Plus, I now have topo running in addition to cycle, original and midnight command. I am now reloading Original, a bit at a time. My other copy of that tile set was so messed up that I flushed it. I did, however, save my second biggest set, cycle.

      I could sure use some help with the "drive a GPX" though. The wiki has a nice dissertation on how to make a GPX in Google Maps and get it to APRSIS32. My problem is: While I can load a GPX from a previous trip,  the only time I have seen a menu containing "Drive GPX" is when I am multi-tracking someone else. I also found in the archives that I must name a GPX before I can drive it. Not a clue on that one. Once I figure it out, I'll write up a step-by-step for someone coming along behind me.

      Anyway, I'm gaining on this thing a bit at a time. I took a little road trip this morning and I can see I'm going to love the Topo tile set.

      73 KC8SFQ  Ron

      , it will be more sluggish than