22765Re: [aprsisce] Re: some observations and a slew of questions and a request

  • kc8sfq
    Apr 28, 2013

      Hi James,
      I thought I had it right. It is becoming obvious that I hosed something on the tablet. I tried prefetching on another machine, using (i think) the same settings and IT'S working. The plan now is to prefetch on this machine and then transfer the whole shootin' match to the tablet, newer version of the program and all.

      Now, this brings another question: If (on the tablet) I move the
      un-contaminated map files to the new directory (the one where the "whole shootin match" will go) then, after moving the program, go to CONFIGURE-> TILE SET-> NEW TILE SET and create a "new tile set" with that same name, should APRSIS32 be able to use then just as if I had used APRSIS32 to prefetch them. I have a couple of big libraries of tiles I'd hate to have to recreate from scratch.

      Can I move just the files, or is there a "loader file" I'll need too ("OSM tiles maybe")

      Thanks for the help KC8SFQ  Ron

      > So there's your answer right there...
      >
      > You are saving the topo tiles in the same directory as your Mapnic
      files.

      > Follow the instructions on the wiki for setting up alternate tile sets,
      and pay close attention to WHERE you put the tiles on your computer. The tiles all share the same naming convention, so if you put all your tiles in one directory, you're going to get a patchwork quilt.

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic