22761Re: [aprsisce] Re: some observations and a slew of questions and a request

    Apr 27, 2013
      On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 11:45 AM, <kc8sfq@...> wrote:

      > As I zoom out, the topo goes away and I have the
      > mapnic (original) set again. Also The topos seem to have replaced my
      > original set and my topo tile set and my original tile set seem to be
      > exactly the same tiles, a mix of mapnic and GIS topo.

      So there's your answer right there...

      You are saving the topo tiles in the same directory as your Mapnic files.

      Follow the instructions on the wiki for setting up alternate tile
      sets, and pay close attention to WHERE you put the tiles on your
      computer. The tiles all share the same naming convention, so if you
      put all your tiles in one directory, you're going to get a patchwork
      quilt.

      Save each set in a unique directory and they will stay separate.