22641Re: Rocket Tracking

  • ajmitchell91
    Apr 9 3:50 PM
      Thanks for the recommendation, Big Red Bee is actually a brand of trackers we have been using for several years now. We have had the best luck with the 70cm BRB unit but we use the 2m APRS unit as well. The internal logging is useful, but some of our rockets can land up to 10 miles away so we need to have active telemetry, otherwise we may never find the rocket to get to the BRB log.

      --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Daniels" <steve@...> wrote:

      > You might want to look at some of the big red bee trackers, I have a high
      > power 2M on that not only outputs APRS but also has a built in data logged
      > with 1000 entry storage, you can set the APRS and data logger times
      > separately
      >
      > Greg's trackers are designed for use on Rockets
      >

      > Steve Daniels
      >
      > Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM
      >
      > Torbay Freecycle Owner

      > APRSISCE/32 Beta tester and WIKI editor http://aprsisce.wikidot.com