      From: Lee D Bengston <kilo5dat@...>
      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, April 3, 2013 9:18 PM
      Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Transmit = quick move

      My question is why is there a need to move when clicking transmit?  When I was brand new to this program, I had just zoomed in and set my position, zoomed back out (and I must have also scrolled the map a bit so that I was not in the center).  Next I clicked transmit simply to try out the capability to transmit on demand, and I got the prompt if it was OK to move ME to the center of the map.  I misunderstood that it meant to center the map around my position, which made more sense to me at the time - after all I had just set a position for a fixed station, so why would I want to move it to wherever the current center of the map was?  Therefore I clicked yes and was moved to the center of the map - oops.
      Now on a more positive note, I took APRSIS32 in a Netbook on a road trip last fall from Virginia to Wisconsin and back, and it worked great.  The genius beaconing worked well, and pre-fetched map tiles were the best free off-line map solution I could find.  The big speedometer was a nice touch, too.
      Lee - K5DAT
      On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

      Move ME to Center? Yes.

      Do you really want to move ME? Yes.

      Did you REALLY mean to move ME? Yes.

      Moving ME might not be what you want to do, are you SURE? Yes.

      There is NO recovery for someone that simply clicks Yes on every question.

      The real question I have is why are you clicking Transmit without the
      need to move ME?

      On 4/1/2013 1:16 PM, Lasse / LA5PPA wrote: > if you don't read carefully what the message box tells you :-) > > Not sure if this is a big problem but when you click on Transmit in the > menubar you get a message "Move ME To Center" if your out of center from > you own position. > > Many people like my self always press Yes and suddenly I was located a > few miles from home. > Maybe an extra "Are you sure you want to move your position" dialog box > could be an idea or remove the function and add location to the > Configure menu ? > > -- > Lasse >
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic