      From: Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
      Sent: 25 Mar 2013 21:05:07 GMT
      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Re: Object Question

      Use View / Shrieks in conjunction with Nicknames for the stations you wish to see.

      From http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/menu:view

      Shrieks (formerly SkyWarn)
      APRSISCE/32 parses any !<nonwhitespace>! from comments and groups (up to 32 of) them into a View / Shrieks submenu. This allows event coordinators to pick a suitable !EVENT! for stations to put in their beacon comment to provide easy on-screen filtering of only the stations participating in the event. The Spotter Network requires their users to put !SN! in their comment, so you can expect to see !SN! in the View / Shrieks menu if any such stations are in your range.

      !Shriek!s are also parsed from nickname comments EVEN if the nickname or comment is not enabled! This allows you to nickname your favorite stations with a !WATCHME! comment and then View / Shrieks / !WATCHME! to see ONLY those stations! You could even nickname stations as !VIEW1!, !VIEW2!, !VIEW3!, and so forth to build your own local MultiTrack views of specific stations. A single station can even have multiple !VIEWn! tags in the comment to put them on multiple views.

      If nicknames are enabled, and a station has a nickname, and that nickname overrides the comment, then ONLY the comment's Shrieks are used. The comment received from the station will be ignored completely for Shriek purposes. After these conditions are no longer met, a new packet from the station must be received to get a proper !Shriek! for the station.

      (So, why "Shriek"? Search for Shriek at Wikipedia)

      On 3/25/2013 5:01 PM, Adam Mahnke wrote:
      The filters work for the APRSIS stream not anything from RF.

      you can use the view menu to choose specific symbols though.

      Only way I know to get only stations involved is to use a separate frequency