22536Re: [aprsisce] Re: Delayed digipeats

    Mar 18, 2013
      On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 4:09 PM, asbjorn.hauge <asbjorn.hauge@...> wrote:

      Do you have a user manual for your TNC? I only have the KPC-3 manual
      which describes the settings as it pertains to that device, but they
      should be similar.

      > I checked and reconfigured the TNC, but didn't solve any problems.

      > Slottime set to 0 (was 300ms)

      Slottime sets how long the TNC should wait before checking to see if
      it should try to gain access to the channel.

      > Persist set to 0 (just to be sure. It was 63)

      Persist controls the "odds" of whether the channel should be checked or not.

      These two combined determine when to try sending a packet. The unit
      waits the desired slottime, then the unit picks a random number
      between 0 and 255. If that random number is less than persist, the
      radio keys up, otherwise it goes back to the top waiting for slottime
      to expire. With persist set at 0, it's pretty hard to get a random
      number less than zero.

      > PPersist set to off
      > DWait set to 0

      Dwait is the other way to hold off... check that manual.

      > Ackprior is off (not sure if it matters)

      Dunno...