22535Re: Delayed digipeats

  • asbjorn.hauge
    Mar 18, 2013
      > On 3/18/2013 6:09 PM, asbjorn.hauge wrote:
      > > Does anyone have a known working init script for PK-232? Seems like mine is not quite perfect, but it's adopted from UI-View which doesn't have this problem.
      > UI-View may send some additional timing parameters in the KISS protocol
      > during port initialization. APRSISCE/32 assumes these have all been
      > done by configuration commands and not via the KISS set commands.

      Thank you for the response, Lynn.

      I can't see any other controls before it enters KISS-mode, at least not in my captures.

      > Does anyone know this detail about UI-View? Or can someone capture the
      > actual KISS packets from an RS-232 sniffer during both UI-View and
      > APRSISCE/32 KISS port startup? The packets of interest would be the
      > first set of packets wrapped in <C0>...<C0> KISS delimiters, not the
      > ASCII port commands just prior to commanding KISS mode to start.

      I have made captures from both UI-VIew and APRSISCE/32. Capture is running while I start the program and all inits are done. The result would be cluttered in a post here, so I'm posting links to both text files (hope those links are allowed here).

      UI-View init: http://la1hsa.com/digi/UI-View_init.txt
      APRSISCE/32 init: http://la1hsa.com/digi/APRSIS32_init.txt

      There are some overhead in those files, but removing the header would mess up the formatting.
      From what I see in the APRSISCE/32-file, I have a constant data flow, but that is "control parameters" and warnings from the capture program. The logs should be colour-coded to show TX/RX (and they are here). If you want, I can post them in RTF to make you able to see the difference.

      If there is any other way you want me to capture data, just tell me and I'll do my best.

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic