22525Re: Delayed digipeats

  • asbjorn.hauge
    Mar 18, 2013

      > On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 2:34 AM, asbjorn.hauge <asbjorn.hauge@...> wrote:
      >
      > >> Can you provide some evidence of the 3 to 15 second delayed packet
      > >> digipeating?
      > >
      > > Then I have to make a video or something showing when the TNC is transmitting
      > > the packet. What is shown in the log does not correspond to what/when it puts out on the serial port.
      >
      > Hmm, that's a different can of worms...
      >
      > We can't see that happening from the raw packets.

      I'll see if I can arrange a video of it. Will be tricky showing the TNC and the program at the same time.

      > > If you look at it, it contains a combination of hex codes and ASCII. The TNC is
      > > in KISS-mode at 9600 baud, direct serial connection.
      >
      > I don't play in KISS mode a whole lot, perhaps Lynn can tell us if
      > that looks right.

      Lynn, do you have any ideas or suggestions to this problem?

      My station had digipeater-duty during an event this weekend (on alternative frequency) and I was the only digi. Incoming packets were delayed a few seconds (on a clear frequency). My own beacons or objects are sent instantly, so it only affects digipeating. Trace logs show instant digipeating, but it delays before sending it to the RS232 port.

      I am out of clues right now and any help will be appreciated.

      --
      Asbjørn
      LA1HSA