22488Re: [aprsisce] Re: Delayed digipeats

    Mar 11, 2013
      On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 2:34 AM, asbjorn.hauge <asbjorn.hauge@...> wrote:

      >> Can you provide some evidence of the 3 to 15 second delayed packet
      >> digipeating?
      >
      > Then I have to make a video or something showing when the TNC is transmitting
      > the packet. What is shown in the log does not correspond to what/when it puts out on the serial port.

      Hmm, that's a different can of worms...

      We can't see that happening from the raw packets.

      > If I set my radios to 144.825 where there's no traffic, my fill-in will digipeat my
      > handheld's beacon after 3-6 seconds, but the logs will show immediate processing.

      That's wierd...

      > This makes me think that the program does everything right, but the problem lies
      > in the communication to the TNC. The same serial setup works perfectly with UI-View,
      > so I don't think that's the problem, but could the transmit string to the TNC be a problem?

      It shouldn't affect it, but something different is happening.

      > If you look at it, it contains a combination of hex codes and ASCII. The TNC is
      > in KISS-mode at 9600 baud, direct serial connection.

      I don't play in KISS mode a whole lot, perhaps Lynn can tell us if
      that looks right.