      Just to clarify Adam's question:

      If you're using Kwd710(APRS) as the port type, then the D710 is in control and you'd want to use the radio's functions for digipeating.

      If you're using a KISS-type port in APRSISCE/32, then APRSISCE/32 is in control and you have to configure digipeating by editing the XML configuration file.

      On 3/2/2013 1:19 PM, Adam Mahnke wrote:
      Couple of options here.

      First, are you connecting to the D710 where the radio is in control of stuff and APRSIS32 is for display only, or is APRSIS32 in full control of the D710?

      -----Original Message-----

      From: w1gtt@...
      Sent: 2 Mar 2013 18:08:42 GMT
      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [aprsisce] Temporary digi

      Is it possible to use the Kenwood TM-D710 and APRSIS as a temporary digipeater. I will be using APRSIS during an event scheduled later this month with several trackers along a route. I have checked the WiKi page and really found nothing helpful. If it is possible, please forward the correct settings..if not possible, let me know that also.
      Thanks in advance...I can always revert back to UI-View32. I know I can do it using the radio and that program.
      73 Bill, W1GTT

      William Covey, W1GTT
      Region 4 MCU Custodian

      Communications Officer
      Town of East Lyme, W1OEM
      Office of Emergency Management
      171 Boston Post Road
      East Lyme, CT 06333
      CT REGION 4 ARES Calendar (Click link below)
      OR use the link below if the above link does not work!!!
      Pictures of the Region 4 MCU

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic