22435Re: Quation about Killing DF Objects

  • pa3bnx
    Mar 1, 2013
      Hello EveryBody,

      I didn't think of the time to kill the frames over
      1200 baud packet link.

      I just thought of sending killed objects over TCPIP
      portlink from SoundDoppler.exe to APRSIS32.exe to the IGate.

      The problem is that the object has different objectnames
      like:

      ;BNX.DF001
      ;BNX.DF002

      Or

      ;BNX121921
      ;BNX121922

      When doing a doppler fox hunt APRS over 1200 baud links
      is not praktical because of the disturbance off
      the doppler bearings while transmitting the APRS packet

      Thats certainly happening if DFing and APRS are on the same band.

      For stationairy doppler station with Internet
      I will always send the objects through APRSIS32.exe to the internet.

      I will check to see if APRSIS32 does kill objects
      when overwritten.

      So I have to check to see if latitude longitude and or
      cse/spd/hdg/nrq are changed but the object name is the same
      it will delete or overwrite the object.

      By the way APRSIS32.exe cannot digipeat between
      a TEXT TCPPort and an other Kiss TNC port.

      Or am I somewhere wrong with this.