22355Re: [aprsisce] Questions on creating an object

  • Tony VE6MVP
    Feb 10, 2013
      At 10:03 AM 2013-02-10, James Ewen wrote:

      > 1) Configure > Create Object and it asks me to Create Object at Screen
      > Centre. I respond No because I will key in the lat & long (or so I think.)

      This is Lynn's sandbox... we have to play the way he wants us to.
      There have been many requests to have the ability to enter lat/long
      information directly into a dialog box, but Lynn is still
      contemplating how to implement that type of functionality.

      Among other things there are about four different ways of entering a lat long what with degrees and decimals, degrees, minutes and decimal, etc and grid square.

      Now I do agree that 99.9% of the time objects will be in an urban environment or on significant roads so they're easy to locate on the map.  This one just happened to be the 0.1% situation.  St

      Done... http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/menu:configure-objects

      Thanks for the updates to the web pages.

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic