21799Re: [aprsisce] Re: APRSIS32 running under WINE

  • Matthew Willis
    Jan 7, 2013
      In your home directory (/Users/yourname), there will be a hidden folder named .wine
      Inside that folder will be another folder named dosdevices.
      You need to make a symlink from com1 to the Keyspan /dev device

      Step by step would be:
      1. Launch /Applications/Utilities/Terminal
      2. In that Terminal window type the following:
      cd ~/.wine/dosdevices
      ln -s /dev/KeySerial1 com1

      Then in APRSIS set the serial port for the Kenwood to be COM1.

      You'll only have the /dev/KeySerial1 device while the Keyspan USB adapter is plugged in.

      Try that and let me know how it works.

      -lilmatt
      N2PYI

      On Jan 7, 2013, at 5:52 PM, "jandgandjochem" <vk2jng@...> wrote:

      > Bumped up the list as I am still hoping to get this to work.
      >
      > APRSIS32 runs very well on my MACbook Pro under WINE but I cannot get the KeySpan USB to serial adaptor working. I have the Kenwood D710 hooked up in PACKET mode but when I configure the port for the D710 and then go to enable that same port it is "Greyed Out".
      >
      > When I run a terminal program (Z-Term) it talks happily with my D710 and I can put the D710 in KISS mode etc. Whilst hooked up to the terminal program I can see all the APRS station received via RF in the terminal window.
      >
      > Just cannot get the D710 port working under APRSIS32.
      >
      > Still hoping for a solution here as others have done it. Trouble is I know nothing about WINE or any setting associated with my problem.
      >
      > Hope someone will be able to guide me here,
      >
      > Thanks in advance,
      >
      > Gerard VK2JNG
      >
      > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "jandgandjochem" wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > With the help of this website: http://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/
      > > All credit to David Baumgold, the owner of the site.
      > >

      > > I got APRSIS32 running nicely under WINE on my MacBook pro.
      > >
      > > The thing I do not know how to get going is my Keyspan USB to serial converter so that I can hookup my D710.
      > >
      > > I have the Mac drivers for the Keyspan installed on my Mac (not under WINE) and the Keyspan converter is working fine when I use a terminal program to talk to my D710 in packet mode.
      > >
      > > However, I don't know how to get the Keyspan converter working for APRSIS32 when running under WINE.
      > >
      > > Can someone shine some light on this which would be very much appreciated.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > Gerard VK2JNG

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic