21715Re: [aprsisce] Feature Request

  • Greg D
    Jan 3, 2013
      Hi Lynn,

      To make this sort of project easier, does anyone have a template or shell of a program that hooks into APRSIS32, as a starting place?  Something with all the socket code and stuff related to formatting packets, and with a big hole in the middle where you put your own message content handling code?

      Two reasons for what I described...  Including all the socket code is a matter of overcoming laziness, and all the stuff related to formatting packets properly is a matter of not wanting to become an expert on the subtleties of APRS101 (and the risk of putting out packets that trash the network).

      Straight C is best.  (I'm old enough that the "plus plus" stuff means Increment!)

      Thanks,

      Greg.

      Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:

      Anything is possible, as long as you do the coding. APRSISCE/32
      supports a local APRS-IS server port from which packets can be drawn
      based on a filter and you can have that program do just about anything
      you can imagine.

      When I finally get around to implementing arbitrary notifications, the
      activation of an external program may be one of the triggerable
      actions. I suspect that the arbitrary notifications may not get down to
      "a certain text match", but will likely include "ME message received"
      with the text of the message sent to the program via the command line.