21425Re: [aprsisce] taskbar icon

  • Colin XSD
    Dec 19, 2012
      Hi Lynn,

      The 'admin privileges' was just an example, they seem to be there for various reasons. I think it just means there is something unusual about the program (no insult on APRSIS32 intended), I don't use the Windows Firewall (I use something else) so that might explain the difference.

      73,
      Colin
      M0XSD.

      On 19/12/2012 21:55, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
      APRSISCE/32 should not need administrator privileges for anything.  It is strictly a user-mode program.

      Now, if they've updated something in the firewall, that might cause a flag.  As you would expect, APRSISCE/32 uses the network rather extensively.

      On 12/19/2012 4:45 PM, Colin XSD wrote:
      Hi Steve,

      Has Windows done an update on your Computer recently?, it is just that I have noticed a few more of my Icons (on my Desktop) with the Shield added to the Icon since a recent update, I think it is just a general warning, like things that need admin privileges to run but I haven't got it on APRSIS32 (yet).

      73,
      Colin
      M0XSD.

      On 19/12/2012 21:25, Steve Daniels wrote:

      OK thanks thought it might be APRSIS telling me something, it’s only just appeared so I need to find what to turn off in windows

      Steve Daniels

      Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

      Torbay Freecycle  Owner