21327Re: [aprsisce] Re: APRSIS32 running under WINE

  • Rob Giuliano
    Dec 12, 2012
      A friend of mine was asking about APRSIS32 and Linux.  I asked him to follow the APRSIS32 WIKI "to a tee" and see if it works and what can be improved.  His Comments (hope he jumps in and adds):

      APRS Wiki "Site Menu" -> not easy to find initial setup for Linux
          He found that "Compatable Hardware / Software" seemed ALL hardware with a small reference to "Linux"
          Suggestions:
           a) Main Menu Tree
              under entry for "Initial Setup", add "Initial Setup Other Operating Systems (using WINE)"
           b) Bottom of "Initial Setup" page add a link to "Initial Setup Other Operating Systems (using WINE)"
             (if more than one), or "Initial Setup using WINE"

      Link to WINE Regestry:

      The Windows Registry is a simple text file. You can edit the file and search to see if you need to add the description. More info at Wine Registry.
         This link goes to a GRAPE PRODUCT

      I will make an effort to "cleanup" and "simplify" the WINE explanation, but probably won't get it before the holidays.

      Robert Giuliano
      KB8RCO