21311Re: [aprsisce] Re: APRSIS32 running under WINE

  • Rob Giuliano
    Dec 10, 2012
      As is most often the case, the devil is in the detail.

      Devices need the colon ':' at the end, so your symbolic link needs to be

      ln -s /dev/ttyUSB0 ~/.wine/dosdevices/com1:

      That is assuming the Keyspan device comes up as /dev/ttyUSB0.  Multiple USB devices can cause the actual ttyUSB# to changem so make sure you are only using one, or double check to ensure you are linking to the correct one.

      A quick check would be disconnect the Keysan device to do a
         "ls -l /dev/ttyUSB*"
      then plug it in and do it again.

      You can also add a udev rule in
        /etc/udev/rules.d
      which will create a symbolic link to the proper device.
      Write back if you (or anyone) are interested.

      Robert Giuliano
      KB8RCO