21298Re: [aprsisce] UK Ballooning Regs, Objects to APRS?

    Dec 10, 2012
      On 12/10/2012 3:22 AM, Colin XSD wrote:
      Is it possible to take received packets from a non-amateur system (possibly a balloon on a non-standard APRS frequency) and automatically convert them into APRS Objects?

      If so I may also have a Terrestrial use for such a system, I would mostly want to just show the objects on my APRSIS32 system and occasionally pass them to APRS-IS and possibly back out to RF (only for short periods of time, like 1 Hour/Day max).

      The main APRS-IS is primarily for Amateur-generated traffic only.  Firenet was developed for the express purpose that you're describing, but you need to use the firenet-local port (10155), not the normal filtered (14580) port.

      If anyone has a link to that policy, I'd like to put it on file somewhere...