21297Re: [aprsisce] UK Ballooning Regs, Objects to APRS?

  • Colin XSD
    Dec 10, 2012
      On 09/12/2012 23:50, Steve Daniels wrote:

      So if you ran an igate on 433.800MHz and a non amateur used APRS on that Frequency, from an RF point of view there is no issue. And not much you can do other than go to the trouble of a civil action, of non amateur use of APRS, pretty sure that would be a waste of time.

      That is the point I was trying to make Steve. But didn't have enough knowledge to say as much.

      On a similar but related note:

      Is it possible to take received packets from a non-amateur system (possibly a balloon on a non-standard APRS frequency) and automatically convert them into APRS Objects?

      If so I may also have a Terrestrial use for such a system, I would mostly want to just show the objects on my APRSIS32 system and occasionally pass them to APRS-IS and possibly back out to RF (only for short periods of time, like 1 Hour/Day max).

      73,
      Colin
      M0XSD.
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic